Torcon recently won a large Bristol Myers Squibb project (650,000 sq ft.) in Lawrenceville, which includes all panelized curtain wall. It’s a very aggressive schedule and Torcon will be using BIM and technology to help it complete the project on time with all the trades, including glazing. Torcon will be using a product called BIM 360 Field and Glue. It will engage the glazing and curtain wall in the collaborative process regardless of if the contractor provides a 3D model or not. Please keep this in mind if you are bidding the project. For more information contact Lisa Godlewski at (215) 854-0129.
Autodesk® BIM 360 software accelerates project delivery and helps minimize contractor risk with anytime, anywhere access to project data across the entire construction lifecycle. BIM 360 empowers those in the field to anticipate and act, and those in the back office to optimize and manage all aspects of construction performance. It generates alignment between planning and performance, while helping to minimize the risks associated with outdated or inaccurate project data.
The Autodesk BIM 360 solution accelerates project delivery by:
· Enabling anytime, anywhere access to project data
· Delivering information for easy consumption by anyone on the project
· Connecting multidisciplinary project teams across architecture, engineering, and construction
· Providing a shared database of project information spanning pre-construction through handover
· Analyzing data for future planning and execution
Which results in:
· Projects that are at or under budget
· Increased profitability for the contractor
· An increase in construction quality
· Earlier deployment of contractor assets
While minimizing risk in these areas:
· Customer satisfaction: Minimizes risk related to client dissatisfaction
· Safety: Minimizes risk related to personal injury and/or contractor liability
· Time: Minimizes risk related to project schedule (delays)
· Data security: Minimizes risk related to contractor data storage as well as data integrity
· Quality: Minimizes risk related to the discrepancy between plan and perform
· Cost: Minimizes risk related to contractor financial over-leverage
Autodesk® BIM 360™ Glue is a cloud-based BIM management and collaboration product that connects the entire project team and streamlines BIM project workflows. With anywhere, anytime access to the most recent project models and data throughout the project lifecycle, BIM 360 Glue accelerates project reviews and empowers multidisciplinary teams to quickly identify and resolve coordination issues.
Autodesk® BIM 360™ Field is field management software for 2D and 3D environments that combines mobile technologies at the point of construction with cloud-based collaboration and reporting. BIM 360 Field puts critical information into the hands of those in the field, helping to measurably improve quality, safety, and commissioning for construction and capital projects of all types