Please take note of simple precautions currently being recommended by healthcare professionals that may help to limit your risk of being exposed to coronavirus or any cold or flu viruses, because as with most viruses, preventing exposure is the key to safeguarding oneself from catching them.
• Wash your hands with soap and warm water for 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
• If you are arriving at your office from a public space, business meeting, jobsite, etc., please wash your hands immediately upon arrival.
• Avoid shaking hands and other social greetings with others
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your elbow
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick
• Do not come to work if you are sick.
• If you have come in contact with a person with the virus, contact your doctor immediately.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces more often.
AGMA would also like to note coronavirus is not specific to any race, nationality, or ethnicity. We want to ensure no one experiences harassment or stigmatization as a result of concerns about the COVID-19 virus.
AGMA will continue to monitor the situation, together with GLU252, and will update members if/when information is updated or changes.